The AN-94 (Russian: 5,45-мм автомат Никонова обр. 1994 г. / АН-94 «Абака́н», GRAU designation 6P33) is an advanced assault rifle of Russian origin. The initials stand for Avtomat Nikonova model of 1994, after its chief designer Gennadiy Nikonov who previously worked on the Nikonov machine gun.
The AN-94 was designed as a potential replacement to the AK-74 series of rifles currently in service with Russian Armed Forces. Due to its complex design and expense its adoption has been very slow and it is in limited use; and it most likely will never become general issue. As of March 2013, the AK-74M is still the general issue rifle used by the Russian Armed Forces.
The stated great advantage of the AN-94 system is its ability to delay the recoil force until the fired round/s have left the barrel. This, it is claimed, enables more 'hits' on target under the most adverse combat conditions.
The AN-94 offers a unique two-shot burst function at a stated 1800 rounds per minute rate of fire. The Nikonov mechanism fires the second shot in the burst quickly enough to allow it to escape before the recoil of the first shot is felt, thus potentially allowing the two shots to hit extremely close together, for example to aid in piercing body armor.
- The HLW-WB skin is included in the Halloween Reloaded: Complete pack.
- The only weapon in the game currently to have unique muzzle break, the AN-FD Muzzle Break.
- The Halloween version was released first on 22 October 2014
- The modmaster was mistakenly released on the 26 November 2014 for one day (then removed) along with the other IX (9) Series 2 modmaster weapons.
- The Modmaster version was released on 3rd of December 2014 (it was available ONLY to Infinite Pack customers before this date).'
- AN-95 Modmaster is the only modmaster Assault Rifle that comes with a Reflex Small 1x sight, all other tiers come with Full Reflex 1x sights by default.