The M24 Sniper Weapon System (SWS) is the military and police version of the Remington 700 rifle, M24 being the model name assigned by the United States Army after adoption as their standard sniper rifle in 1988. The M24 is referred to as a "weapons system" because it consists of not only a rifle, but also a detachable telescopic sight and other accessories.
The M24 SWS had the "long-action" bolt version of the Remington 700 receiver because it originally was to use the .30-06 Springfield M72 Match cartridge. It turned out there was an insufficient amount of these rounds in a single lot of manufacture, so the operational requirement changed to use the dimensionally smaller 7.62×51mm NATO M118 Match Grade cartridge
- Given to starting Recon, the M24 is a balanced stater sniper rifle that has no strengths or weaknesses, being a flexible weapon at its tier.
- Only the M24 GI Variant is available to players.
- The M24 GI has limited modability compared to higher tier modmaster weapons.
- The M24 GI used to have a fixed short barrel but was updated to a medium fixed barrel in one of the ghost recon phantom updates.
- The M24-H Tier X was release on the 03-03-2015 to infinite pack uses only!
- The default skin on the M24/M24-H was change to a dark olive colour when the M24-H was released.
- The M24-H SV FC was release on the 18-03-2015.