The QBZ-95 (Chinese: 95式自动步枪; pinyin: 95 Shì Zìdòng Bùqiāng; literally: "Type 95 Automatic Rifle") is a bullpup style assault rifle manufactured by Arsenal 266, part of Norinco and Arsenal 296, under Jianshe Corp, China South for the People's Liberation Army, the armed forces of the People's Republic of China, Chinese People's Armed Police (para-military police), and Chinese law enforcement. This weapon uses a newly developed ammunition type of Chinese origin, the 5.8x42mm DBP87. The QBZ-95 consists of a system of firearms using a common design. This family includes a carbine variant, a standard rifle, and a light support weapon.
The light support variant is the one used in Ghost Recon Phantoms.
- Modmaster version was introduced 15-07-2014 which was after the release of the Tier 8 Jungle weapons pack.
- The first itteration of this gun was released in the Tier 8 Jungle weapons pack, which was released 18-06-14.
- The modmaster version was released at a later date.
- This gun and all the other Jungle weapons were nerfed (with the exception of the M28 C JGL ) due to complaints from the community of the guns being disproportionately powerful with respect to their tier.
- The nerfing (or balancing as they called it) for the Type 95 SD JGL was one point of damage was removed (46 to 45) while the modmaster recived a +1 to damage.
- Further balancing of Type 95 was to reduce penetration from 65% to 50% on all versions.
- The control/spread of the Type 95 SD JGL was changed to match the modmaster version. Nevertheless the Type 95 SD JGL is still a player favorite and easily the finest of the LMGs arguably rivaled only by the AK-200M.